Sainik School Kapurthala,Punjab
Sainik School is located in the palace of the erstwhile maharaja of Kapurthala. The palace was built in 1908 on the pattern of Versailles built by Louis- the xiv of France. The Jagatjit palace at present houses Sainik School, Kapurthala (total area measuring 1961 kanals and 18 marlas).Sainik School Kapurthala was inaugurated on 8th July, 1961 by the then Defence Minister V.K.Krishna Menon ,with the objective of preparing boys academically, physically and mentally to join NDA. It is a fully residential school for boys only ,providing public school education. The school offers a vast array of opportunities to channelise the energies of cadets for constructive purposes. A wide spectrum of co and extra curricular activities ensures their multitudinous personality development. The School has been rendering yeoman services to the nation for more than four decades by imparting balanced and quality education to the cadets hailing from all strata of society. It has been fulfilling its basic objective by producing more than 700 officers for the Indian armed forces through National Defence Academy. A sizeable number of its alumni has made their mark in other respectable professions too. The school has earned for itself the enviable distinction of being a torch bearer for quality education in the state. It is the only school among the twenty Sainik Schools which holds the record of holding the Defence Minister’s trophy continuously for seven years. The school product is not a mere book worm but a real life wizard who applies his knowledge in practical situations. The school not only maintain high educational standards but also provides the cadets a well rounded education that prepares them to face the challenges of life.